Here is a quick, semi-homemade meal for a busy night. My family has come to love these spinach and ricotta ravioli’s by Rana. I’d love to make these from scratch some time, but for now, I’m settling for the store bought to make those busy weeknights a little easier. I make a quick Alfredo sauce to go with it and viola! dinner is ready.
The Alfredo sauce is super simple to make. I found this recipe on Pinterest- http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2012/10/homemade-alfredo-sauce.html
It literally takes less than 15 minutes to make!
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp. or ½ stick) butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the heavy cream and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan and whisk continuously until the cheese in completely melted. I didn’t have any garlic on hand, so I just used garlic powder.
While you’re making the sauce, bring a pot of water to boil. The ravioli only take a few minutes to cook.
So there you have it! A quick and tasty meal in no time at all for those busy nights!
I’ll let you know if I ever make my own raviolis. Let me know if you’ve ever made them. I’d love to hear how it went for you.